Italian Grinder Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb dried lasagna noodle
- 2 1⁄4 cups tomato sauce (meaning pasta sauce, fresh made is preferred but can use bottled sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb sweet capicola, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°; coat the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish evenly with olive oil.
- In a big bowl, combine ricotta cheese, basil, oregano, eggs, pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese; mix until the eggs are thoroughly combined.
- In a big pot of salted boiling water, cook the dried pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water; place it on a paper towel to dry before using it in the dish.
- Place 3/4 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish; top with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with 1/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, spreading evenly over the noodles.
- Top with another layer of pasta; top pasta with half of the meats, layering them evenly.
- Top the meat with half of the provolone, and top this with half of the shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat with a layer pasta, then 3/4 cup sauce, then 1/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top the ricotta cheese mixture with another layer of pasta, then the remainder of meats, provolone cheese, and mozzarella.
- Finish with a final layer of pasta, topped with the remainder of the tomato sauce and the remaining ricotta cheese mixture .
- Coat a large sheet of foil with oil and cover the baking pan with it, oil-side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!