Italian Eggplant Balls (Use Just Like Meatballs) Fry or Bake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced (I use food processor & finely mince garlic, onion & eggplant)
- 1 very large eggplant (or 2 Medium Sized Eggplants, peel 1st then dice in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I mince this in food processor too)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheese
- In food processor, prepare the ingredients that need to be minced or diced mentioned above.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil & gently sauté garlic until golden brown.
- Add diced eggplant & water – then cover & simmer under low heat until eggplant is VERY soft. Drain if watery when done then transfer to large bowl.
- Combine eggplant, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs and cheese in large bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Form into balls (same size as you prefer your meatballs to be) and fry in olive oil in large pan or bake in over for 30-35 minute at 325º or until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Born & raised in Northern NJ and now live in the NJ suburbs of New York City. <br /><br />I grew up on all the traditional Italian meals from my Grandmother's kitchen. Holiday's were parades of food of all kinds, from main dishes to desserts, but mostly I remember Gram's traditional Italian dishes around the Holiday's surrounded by all of our family. <br /><br />I love to cook everything now. I find it great to experiment & try new recipes. Most of all, I love to entertain & host dinners with family, friends & have Holidays at home with my terrific husband & our four legged furry goofball bulldog! <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />Spring 2008: I was picked for the Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008 Contest by a wonderful chef: Chef #166642 who made my Recipe #293174 and my Recipe #285517 and lastly, my Recipe #287338 <br /><br />The link to the cookbook from that contest is: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=199542 <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br />===================================== <br /><br />July 2008: I was just Z-mailed that I was picked for My 3 Chefs 2008 Cooking Contest by: Chef #829183 who made my: Recipe #307814 <br /><br />She Z-mailed me the link to the cookbook from that contest: http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=213150 <br /><br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br />=====================================</p>