Italian Deli Submarine Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf unsliced bread (use a crusty French or Italian loaf about 15-inches long)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use more) or 1/4 cup salad dressing (can use more)
- 2 ripe firm tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced (Italian ham)
- 6 ounces italian dry salami
- sliced cheddar cheese (to taste)
- 6 ounces ham slices (just use the regular sliced ham)
- sliced provolone cheese (to taste)
- sliced dill pickle (to taste)
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 10 small sweet pickled peppers (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing (or to taste) or 1/4 cup vinaigrette (or to taste, I use Kittencal's Creamy Italian Salad Dressing)
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise,.
- Spread both sides with mayo or salad dressing.
- Layer the bottom half of bread starting with sliced tomatoes, then prosciutto, then salami, then cheddar slices, then ham, then provolone cheese slices, then sliced dill pickles.
- Top with shredded lettuce then sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with the pickled peppers.
- Spoon the Italian vinaigrette over the filling.
- Cover with the other top half of bread.
- Press down firmly with your hand.
- Slice as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!