Italian Classic Pizzelles
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract or 2 tablespoons anise flavoring
- 1 cup melted margarine, cooled
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat the eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Add cooled margarine and vanilla extract or anise flavouring.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Blend into the egg mixture until smooth. Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.
- Heat Pizzelle maker. Grease a small cookie scoop with cooking spray. Scoop the cookie dough and place just past the centre of the form towards the back of the maker. Lock and set a timer for 26 seconds. Cook longer if you like them darker.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Chocolate Pizzelles: Sift cocoa, additional sugar and baking powder into dry ingredients for Classic Pizzelles. Blend into egg mixture until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.