Italian Breadcrumb-Crusted Tilapia W/Lemon
Tilapia pan-fried in vegetable oil and lemon juice with crispy Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole lemon
- 5 -6 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, mixed well
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Separate Italian breadcrumbs, egg/milk, and flour into 3 separate mixing bowls.
- Combine garlic, onion, pepper, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Also, add pinches of each spice to the flour.
- Heat stove top at medium, and add veggie oil and 3 slices of lemon.
- Place each fillet first in flour mixture, coat well. Followed by the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to coat well.
- Add up to two fillets into the oiled frying pan and cook till light brown on either side. Make sure to drain the lemons of juice into the pan.
- Drain on paper towels over plates before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation