Italian Bread Dessert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a deliciously rich dessert that is cooked with cream and apples and is delicately flavored with orange!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small apples, peeled,cored,and sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 slices thick bread, crusts removed (day-old baguette is ideal, about 4 oz.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 orange, rind of, cut into short,thin sticks
- Lightly grease a 5-cup deep casserole with the butter.
- Arrange the apple rings in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar over the apples.
- Pour the wine over the apples.
- Add the bread slices, pushing them down with your hands to flatten them slightly.
- Mix the cream with the eggs, the remaining sugar, and the orange rind and pour the mixture over the bread.
- Set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dessert to an oven preheated to 350* and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and set.
- Remove from the oven, set aside to cool slightly, and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION