Italian Beef and Potato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground chuck , onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, water, basil, oregano, and pepper, stir well.
- Spoon 1/3 of meat mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x2 inch baking dish. Top with half of potato slices; cover with 1/3 of meat mixture. Add remaining potato slices and remaining meat mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil; sprinkle cheese over casserole. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let casserole stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!