Italian Almond Cookies II
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This cookie is very chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, BUT the entire outside is coated in sliced almonds for a fantastic look and is absolutely delicious. It is well worth the effort.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs almond paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F (175 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the almond paste, flour, egg whites, white sugar and confectioners' sugar until well blended.
- The mixture will be very sticky.
- Place the sliced almonds into a small bowl.
- Scoop out rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough and drop them into the almonds.
- Roll until completely coated.
- Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMG!!!! Thank U, thank U, thank U 4 sharing! My Dad was born and raised in Campobasso, Italy. I was born and raised in upstate New York. Well, I recently moved to SC and can U believe the closest gourmet import store is about 150 miles! I was looking to buy some almond paste cookies, because unfortunately, I am not much of a baker at all. Actually I was hoping to buy almond paste cookies, sfogliatelle, ricotta pie, torrone and rum baba cakes. Well, I wasn't looking forward to a 2 and half hour road trip not knowing what I was going to find on the other end. So, I searched recipes, and came across your recipe. Well, so pleased to say, there is no need to travel the 2 and a half hours when I will be making these almond cookies in my very own kitchen. So good, and I never knew they were so darn easy to make. I thought they would be time consuming and difficult to make seeing that the bakeries in upstate NY charge about $15.00 per pound of cookies. Once again, thank U!1Reply