Israeli Quick and Easy Lunch
- Ready In:
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced and peeled
- 5 -6 pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 -3 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 small onion, chopped
- handful spinach or leafy greens
- 2 -3 tablespoons hummus
- pepper or paprika
- Slice open one end of the pita to open the pocket.
- With a knife or spatula, spread hummus inside, making sure to cover all of the pocket.
- Slice the hard-boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and olives and layer into the pita.
- Add the onion and leafy greens.
- Shake in seasonings.
- If eating hot, either place on the grill or hot oven for no more than 5 minutes or microwave on Medium for up to 2 minutes.
- You can also add cheese if desired.
- Other combinations of veggies, such as asparagus or eggplant (especially breaded and pan-fried) can make this into a dinner option, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!