These melt-in-your-mouth pancakes make a special breakfast treat!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, milk, oil, banana, eggs, and 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to oat mixture. Beat well.
- In a small saucepan, blend the cornstarch and syrup until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until syrup begins to thicken. Stir in pineapple pieces and remove from heat.
- Heat griddle (when a drop of water dripped onto the griddle sizzles, it's ready). Spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour batter onto hot griddle, about 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook until batter bubbles and edges begin to look dry. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with warm pineapple sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 16 more