Island Honey Burgers
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (23 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill the burgers, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with soy sauce.
- Contiinue grilling for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting several times.
- During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once.
- Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce and condiments of your choice.
Join The Conversation
These were wonderful! Just what I was looking for. The flavors were just the right balance of spicy and sweet and savory. Can't wait to have friends over to share this exciting new twist on a backyard staple. The meal was perfectly rounded out when paired with http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-corn-for-the-bbq-grill-202194. Thanks for posting!
I made a veggie burger version with breadcrumbs, oats, and red beans. The patties were great, kinda sweet, and stuck together very well. But we would have preferred to eat them with BBQ sauce, avocado, tomato, and cheddar instead of the pineapple. Everyone thought they were just ok. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be making those patties again anyway!
What a nice change from the boring old burgers! These are fantastic! I made little sliders out of them and cooked them on the stove top but didn't have the pineapple to top it - I can't wait to make it again because I love grilled pineapple! These are so simple to make and the medley of flavors is just incredible - thank you so much for posting this!!