Iron Chef Cornbread
photo by looneytunesfan
- Ready In:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F; generously grease an 8x8-inch bread pan.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cornmeal into the greased pan and shake around until all sides are coated. Discard of the remaining cornmeal.
- Stir together the cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs until frothy and mix together. Stir in the creamed corn, plain yogurt, and oil. Mix well.
- Pour into the bread pan and bake for 10 minutes at 400°F, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- *If you do not have plain yogurt, use the same amount of sour cream*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
As my daughter put it, "I wish I could give it 10 stars, it is that good". I made it exactly like the directions said only using sour cream instead of the yogurt (as I didn't have any). It was moist and delicious, the other reviewer didn't know what they were talking about. Will definatly make this again. Thank you