MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My wife and I came up with this recipe. It is relatively simple to make, although it is a little time consuming, but the results are well worth the time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 8 -10 potatoes, medium to large size (peeled)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cheese (shredded, we use Colby-Jack but any cheese will work)
- 1 lb bacon
- 5 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Slice potatoes. slices should be about an 1/8 inch thick.
- We like to deep fry the potato slices, although you can use any cooking method that you prefer. The goal is to get them cooked, without having them fall apart. We've found deep frying to be the easiest method.
- Fry the chopped onion in the olive oil. If you like your green onions cooked, you can cook them up with your regular onion.
- Cook bacon until crisp, then chop into bacon bits.
- Use a large cake pan (lasagna pan).
- Put a layer of cooked potatoes on the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle some onions, green onions, and bacon bits on top of the potatoes.
- add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and just a hint of garlic.
- now sprinkle some cheese on top.
- that completes one layer. add another layer of potato slices, then more onions, green onions, etc --
- keep going until you reach the top of the pan or until you run out of ingredients.
- The very top layer should be only potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until all of the cheese is meted throughout.
- Take the 1/2 cup of cheese you set aside earlier, and sprinkle on top.
- Return to oven until top layer of cheese is melted.
- cut and serve like regular lasagna.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION