Irish Lamb-And-Barley Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled rutabaga
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add lamb; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add broth and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION