Irish Countryside Shephard's Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups beef gravy
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Brown ground sirloin and drain add onions and garlic and cook five minutes.
- Mix together herbs, tomato sauce and gravy and pour over beef and mixed vegetables in a casserole dish.
- in beef stock and water boil potatoes and rutagabagas together cook about 30 minutes until tender Mash with cream and butter.
- Mix in cheese and spread over meat mixture.
- bake on 350 for 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">