- Ready In:
- 3 cups flour, and a little extra for kneading
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (mixed with olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. I use my kitchenaid. Slowly add the warm water and mix to a dough consistency.
- Knead 5-10 times on a floured board and place back in bowl to rise in a warm place. I oil the bowl first to keep from sticking.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Divide dough in half and roll out each piece into a rectangular slab approximately 1/4 - 1/2" thick.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree oven on the top shelf until nicely browned. Flip over to the other side and do the same. Repeat with the second slab. I brush with a small amount of melted butter to keep soft. Cover with a tea cloth to keep warm until ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I recently made a huge lifestyle change and married my sweetheart and moved to a new city! I work in the healthcare profession and am presently taking some time off to adjust to my new surroundings. I am loving the adventures of exploring a new city!! Reading, travelling, gardening and all manner of domestic arts are at the top of my favorite things to do but cooking is my passion. I love cooking different kinds of foods and trying to replicate dishes that I have eaten on my extensive travels to various places on our lovely planet. I am most fortunate in that I have a hubby and a great bunch of friends who love to eat:)!