Iowa Stuffed Pork Chops with Sweet Apple Dressing
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Cut 2 inch pockets into chops from bone side so dressing stays in.
- In bowl combine apples,bread,sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stuff into pockets of pork chops.
- Place chops in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour Melted butter or marg.
- over chops and bake at 350.
- When chops have browned,add 1 cup of water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'll make these again, but I'll definitely change things. It would even be nice enough for company -- with some changes. I liked the sound of this recipe, but my husband and I agreed that while the filling was deliciously sweet, the pork was bland and needed something like a sauce. I did change things. I used a pork loin roast and filled it jelly-roll style with this apple filling, but I'm sure it would have been the same with pork chops. I did pour about 2 tsp. each of nutmeg and cinnamon on the pork loin before adding the filling. With the leftovers I'm planning on making a sauce of 1/4 of the apple filling combined with melted (30 sec. in microwave) apple jelly. Next time I make this recipe I will not use the bread in the filling as that was just mush and I'll leave out the salt as it didn't help the flavors.