Involtini Alla Siciliana
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for garnish (extra-virgin)
- 1⁄2 cup olive (whole Gaeta olives)
- 1⁄4 cup capers (salt-packed, rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (original recipe uses Basic Tomato Sauce)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 oranges, zested
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish, cut into 4 (1/3-inch-thick)
- fresh oregano leaves, torn
- fennel leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the olives, capers, red pepper flakes, pine nuts and currants. Stir in the marinara (Basic Tomato Sauce) and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, orange zest, parsley, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Season each piece of fish with salt and pepper and place flat on a work surface. Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly across each of the fish pieces and carefully roll each like a jelly roll, securing each roll with string or with toothpicks. Place the rolls in the skillet with the sauce. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place 1 roll on each of 4 warmed dinner plates, spoon some of the sauce over each, and garnish with chopped parsley, torn oregano, fennel fronds and olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!