Instant Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place items in desired container (jar or bag).
- Attach tag with preparation directions.
- Stir 1/2 cup of prepared mix into 1 cup boiling water.
- ****As a new variation for soup at home, I have been making very thin instant mashed potatoes, using chicken broth and milk for the liquid, then adding an assortment of seasonings (depends on what is on hand) like turmeric, parsley, seasoning blends, or even some flavored sea salts.
- I also like to change it up with cheese, bacon, chives, even some sour cream on top for a loaded baked potato feel.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious! DH loves mashed potatoes and potato soup and all I had was instant potatoes on hand. He's sick right now, and this is pretty much all he can eat. I used 1 and 1/2 c mixture to 2 c water plus 2 T butter to make a thick soup. This reminds me of those Stuffed Potato cups that used to be available in stores. I'll add some cheese and chives next time. Definitely a mix to keep on hand for household and gifts! Thank you for posting!!! :)
I did make a few changes, using non-fat dry milk, dill instead of turmeric (which I didn't have), 4 packets of Wylers chicken broth and seasoning mix for the bouillon, and adding 2 teaspoons of Butter Buds. This is a tasty quick fix! I'm keeping the jar in my desk at work for "emergency" lunches. I used my Master Cook for nutrition info, figuring 8 servings. Each serving is 127 cal, 0 fat, 21g carbs, and 9g prot. Diabetic exchange per serving 1 carb, 1 protien. Very diabetic friendly! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting this winner!