Instant-Potato Bread (Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons raid rise yeast (or 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast)
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- The dough ball will be nicely formed and slightly sticky but stiff at the same time when tested.
- It should feel a bit sticky, so take care not to add any more than an extra tablespoon of flour.
- The potato flakes will soak up the extra moisture during the rises and will become smooth during the risings.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This makes very nice bread, soft but chewy, with just a hint of a buttermilk tang. It should be lovely as toast or in sandwiches. I just threw everything in the breadmaker and got the loaf in the picture. Pretty good! I used SAF instant yeast, and used the (smaller) amount given for rapid rise yeast. It worked fine. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.