Instant Pot Quick Butter Chicken
photo by esteban
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut or olive)
- 1 small onion (yellow or purple)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or vindalu powder optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 1⁄2 cups cauliflower (1 small or 1/2 large floret) (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 brick medium firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (Or coconut milk)
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (for serving)
- Instapot on sauté. Add oil. Wait till warm. Add onion, wait till soft. Add ginger & spice powders, wait till fragrant, about 30 seconds. Instapot off.
- Add water or chicken stock, scrape sides.
- Add tomato sauce.
- add Cauliflower, chicken, tofu, butter.
- Instapot pressure cook HIGH 10 minutes. Allow slow release (10 minutes).
- Remove chicken cut into bite sized pieces, put back in pot.
- add cream or coconut milk.
- let cool a bit then add yogurt.
- stir, serve with either: nan, rice. (See recipe for home made nan).
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!