Instant Pot Chipotle Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
photo by tacocat1000
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb beef chuck, 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 large sweet potato (or 4 small ones)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -15 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- Set your instant pot to saute mode. Add in the oil, onions and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Stir in the stew meat and ground beef. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the water and deglaze the pan for a minute. Turn off instant pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the beans and sweet potatoes. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and rinsed beans. Cook on high pressure for another 10 minutes. Do a quick release so the sweet potatoes aren’t overcooked.
- Salt to taste and serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!