Instant Pot Chicken Red Curry
photo by tacocat1000
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup yardlong beans, cut 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 -3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 (4 ounce) can red curry paste (Maesri brand)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Set the instant pot on saute and boil the bamboo for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the inner pot and set on saute mode on high. Add in the vegetable oil, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and red curry paste. Saute for 1-2 minutes and then stir in the chicken. Saute for another 1 minute.
- Add in 1 cup of water and make sure nothing is stuck to the pot. Add in bamboo and salt. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and NPR for 5 minutes. Use this time to prep the vegetables and to make a cornstarch slurry by adding 2 tbsp of water to the cornstarch.
- When the pin drops, open the lid and switch to saute mode on high. Add your vegetables, coconut milk and cornstarch slurry. Boil for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add fish sauce right before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice, cilantro, fresh Thai basil and chilis.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!