Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Love my Instant Pot, and here's one more reason! This yummy soup takes just minutes, but tastes like it was simmered for hours!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 celery ribs
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place your pressure cooker on HIGH or BROWN and heat up the butter. Season your chicken (poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and oregano (or thyme if you have it) ) and brown.
- Add in the onion, celery, carrots, chicken stock and a pinch of salt, pepper. Lock your pressure cooker and cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- MAKE YOUR Dumplings Mix: Whisk together Bisquick, milk, and parmesean cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. (We also added a little oregano in there – optional).
- Perform a quick release. Let all the steam out. Take off top.
- Set the pressure cooker back to high. Add in your corn and let simmer. Leave the lid off.
- Grab a spoon and drop in your dumplings into the bubbling pressure cooker until entire batter is in pot. Let dumplings simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remember to keep the lid off.
- Turn off the heat. When you are ready to serve, stir in your cream. Add some more salt and pepper (to taste) and ENJOY.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The first time I made this was great but the las 2 times my dumplings were inedible and doughy- I looked back at my traditional recipe and it says to cook the dumplings 15 min COVERED and don’t peek - since the dumpling part of this recipe is not under pressure I would recommend cooking longer and coveringReplies 1
see 23 more