INSTANT POT BLACK EYED PEa SOUP
photo by Chef Emanuela
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cubed ham (1/8 inch cubes or slightly bigger)
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped collard greens or 1 1/2 cups mustard greens
- Turn Instant Pot on SAUTE mode. When hot, add the bacon and cook until brown, remove and set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Break or chop into bits.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the ham, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, peas, rice, greens, and bacon bits.
- Place lid on and lock. Turn on MANUAL mode with high pressure selected for 28 minutes. Turn switch to VENTING and allow for the pressure to release manually, this usually takes 7-10 minutes or so. Remove the lid and stir.
- Let the soup cool until it reaches desired serving temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a graphic and web designer. I love Jesus and my son, I enjoy cooking, reading, dancing.