Instant Chocolate Oatmeal With Cinnamon
I made this up this morning to satisfy my chocolate and oatmeal cravings. Its quite similar to a few recipes on this site, but I thought that I should post my recipe, too! If desired, adding a fresh peach or two is okay.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup instant plain oatmeal (or you can use quick cooking oats too)
- 2 teaspoons hot cocoa mix (fat-free okay)
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk (fat-free okay)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Combine the oatmeal, hot cocoa mix and dry milk powder together. (add ground cinnamon and ginger if using).
- Add the boiling water and microwave for about 20 seconds, or until bubbly (keep your eyes peeled, you would'nt want it boiling over).
- If you're using quick-cooking oats, increase the cooking time to 1 minute.
- Give it a quick stir and let it rest/sit for 30 seconds.
- delicious (to me, at least)!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was reluctant to try this, something about not liking the way brown oatmeal looks... but I decided to give it a shot anyway. It was a change from ordinary oatmeal. I used a packet of Quaker Organic oatmeal, which is probably closer to 1/3 cup, so I only used 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. I'm not sure if it was so acrid because I didn't use hot cocoa mix, but I needed to add a couple of packets of Splenda. Even though I had less than 1/2 cup oatmeal, I still added 1/2 cup of boiling water, and microwaved it for a minute -- TOO LONG!! I had to add more boiling water afterwards. I also didn't use the powdered milk or ginger.Reply
see 3 more