Indonesian Style Curry Paste
photo by Nasi Goreng
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon galangal, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- Put chopped onion into the grinder or food processor.
- Put next 6 ingredients into pestle and grind them to coarse paste to release the flavour.
- Stir in the paste to the onion and grind them until they become fine paste.
- Toast coriander and cumin in low heat to release the flavour.
- Stir in toasted coriander, cumin, shrimp paste and salt to the paste and continue to grind them until paste become moist and fine.
- Heat up the oil in the saucepan in medium low heat.
- Pour the paste into the saucepan and stir occasionally and turn the heat to low when it gets hot and keep stirring in, all is about 10 minute.
- Cool off the paste before storing it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!