photo by DeeBee
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- What I do is take a 2-3 pound piece of boneless pork loin and cut it into"chops" and then cut the chops in half and then pound each half until thin.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over pork.
- Thoroughly coat all pieces of meat.
- (I put everything in a Ziploc plastic bag).
- Marinate for several hours.
- When ready to cook, thread pork onto skewers (I kind of"sew" the meat back and forth onto the skewers) and cook on heated grill over moderate heat for 12-14 minutes, turning once.
- It doesn't take long for the pork to cook because it has been pounded thin, so be sure not to overcook it or it will be dry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks tag. I had originally intended to cook this on the grill, but Mother Nature changed my plans so I cut the meat into small chunks and sauted it until browned in a skillet coated with spray oil. I then mixed the marinade ingredients together and poured them over the cooked meat in the skillet and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. The flavor was excellent. Can't wait for the weather to change so I can try this on the grill as the recipe is written. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hmm... let's see.. Cooking is my passion... I'm retired now and able to cook and bake every day. I think the most helpful cookbook that I own would have to be The New Doubleday Cookbook. I just love kitchen gadgets and have many of them. Besides cooking I love to sing and belong to the Sweet Adeline's International. I get very annoyed at people who are LATE! I think it's just as easy to be late as it is to be on time. Well.. thanks to all of you at Zaar for all of your terrific recipes and ideas that bring my friends and family much joy and happiness. They get to try all of my new recipes.