Individual Beef Pot Pies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I hodgepodged this recipe together while trying to figure out a way to use my leftover roast beef. I didn't measure, so ingredient amounts are approximated. Delish!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 cups beef consomme (from a package) or 1 1/2 cups reconstituted au jus sauce (from a package)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups shredded leftover cooked beef
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 double crust pie crust, your favorite recipe
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing top crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil prepared potatoes and carrots in a Dutch oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile --.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium to medium low heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over butter/onion mix, stirring constantly, about 4-5 minutes.
- (This is an important step. Not cooking long enough will make the gravy have a "floury" taste).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth and milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, thawed peas, and shredded beef to gravy and mix thoroughly.
- Let mixture cool thoroughy.
- Line ramekins with bottom pie dough.
- Fill ramekins and cover with top crust, pinching edges to create a seal.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Create slits in top crust with a butter knife.
- Bake about 35 minutes until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION