Indian Summer Cocktail
From the Platinum Hotel and Spa in Las Vegas. Found the recipe in the Southwest Airlines magazine. I haven't tried it but allegedly it "tastes like chilled apple cider mixed with pumpkin pie spices...crisp and refreshing." Can use spiced cider mix in place of the mulling spices.
- Ready In:
- lemon wedge
- 1⁄4 cup mulling spices
- orange peel, spiral
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters or 2 dashes other bitters
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce citrus-infused vodka
- 3 ounces spiced apple cider, chilled
- Pour mulling spices/spiced cider mix into a saucer. Run the lemon wedge around the rim of a chilled martini glass to moisten. Turn the class upside down, rotate its rim through the spices, then turn the glass right-side up.
- Twist the orange spiral over the glass to release the oils from the orange skin, set the spiral aside, then add the bitters.
- In a shaker half-filled with cracked ice; combine the rum, vodka and cider. Shake well and strain into the martini galss.
- Garnish the glass with the orange spiral.
- If desired add a light squeeze from the lemon wedge.
- Makes one 6-ounce Indian Summer.