Indian Spiced Omelet
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced finely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (I prefer the spring onions)
- 1 -2 green chili, chopped fine,to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 eggs, beaten
- freshly chopped coriander
- freshly chopped mint
- 3 -5 drops lime juice
- Heat the oil in frying pan (I use a non stick pan) and fry the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic until translucent.
- Add turmeric and saute for a minute more.
- Add the other spices and cook for a few minutes more stirring now and then.
- Take them off the flame.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add salt to taste.
- Now add the cooked mix to the eggs.
- Add the green leaves chopped, (cilantro and mint).
- Now add it back to the pan which will have some grease in it.
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip over after sprinkling some lemon drops on the first side.
- You can also place this under a grill to do the second side.
- This goes very well with chapatis/ rotis too.
- You can add mushrooms/ carrots/ spinach/ tomatoes to the mix while it is cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I would agree with Chef #184530 that this needs more substance, especially for an omlette but it is quite tasty as is. I doubled the recipe and skipped the mint as my boyfriend cannot stand the taste of it in food. I would like to try it next time with some tomatoes. Part of the problem is likely us - we love your posted scrambled eggs recipe (recipe #82546) so much that nothing else really compares. I will make this again and just add some tomatoes and spinach next time. Thanks for posting!