Indian Curried Okra
- Ready In:
- 1 lb okra
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- Remove the stemsfrom the okra and cut into 1-in. slices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the okra, chili powder, turmeric, tomato, and salt, and cook, covered, for about a half hour (until the okra is tender).
- Add the garam masala, cardamom, and nutmeg, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for another couple of minutes. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!