Indian Chili Chicken
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chicken breast fillets
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hot chili powder (Laxmi extra hot)
- 7 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, sliced (or 10 serrano peppers)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 0.5 (5 1/2 ounce) bottle sweet asian chicken chili sauce
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Add vegetable oil to a depth of 1-2 inches in a pot; heat on medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken breast fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken, chili powder, and five tbsp of ginger-garlic paste in a bowl.
- Mix well while lightly covering mixture with the 1/2 cup of flour; chicken pieces should be fully covered with flour. Set aside.
- Add about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to the wok and heat on medium-high.
- Add sliced onion, sliced peppers, and two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste to wok; stir occasionally ensuring the vegetables are coated in oil.
- By now the oil in the pot should be heated (carefully test with a single drop of water). Gently submerge the chicken pieces, covering the bottom of the pot. Once bubbling settles down remove the pieces onto a plate with paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked. Be sure not to overcook the the chicken. Pat the remaining oil from the chicken with a paper towel.
- The vegetables in the wok should be softened. Add the chicken, a few shots of soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and salt. Mix well for a minute or two.
- Serve with rice and naan and top with cilantro. Yumm!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!