In-A-Pinch Garlic Bread
I had returned to New York from California this New Year to an empty kitchen and a snowstorm. Unable to get any groceries immediately, I had to make do with what I had on hand. I found some hero rolls that I had purchased just before I left on my trip, and decided to make garlic bread, even though I had no butter or fresh garlic. The result was actually really tasty!
- Ready In:
- 3 (2 1/3 ounce) split hoagie rolls (day-old or stale)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat broiler. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay split rolls on cookie sheet for 6 pieces of bread.
- Melt margarine in microwave for 1 minute on HIGH; remove from microwave and stir in garlic powder, cayenne, and Italian seasoning.
- With pastry brush, brush on seasoned margarine evenly, coating each piece well. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until well browned and bubbling, approximately 5 minutes, or to you liking. Serve.