Imitation Crab Stir-Fry
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Prepare all fresh veggies and place into individual bowls.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground ginger and salt on onions, cauliflower, cabbage, snow peas and tomatoes.
- Coat bottom of frying pan or wok with olive oil.
- When oil is hot add onions and sear for 5 minutes on high.
- Add garlic, cabbage, snow peas and cauliflower.
- Stir all ingredients together and add soy sauce to taste.
- Decrease heat and cover pan. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add imitation crab, toss ingredients to mix and cover. Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve as is or over a bed of white rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an easy tasty meal and a lovely way to use imitation crab. I did a couple of things differently - I would have liked to use red cabbage. It would provide a lovely color contrast but all I had on hand was green cabbage. To add more color I added a carrot. Also, I like my vegetables a bit crisp so I cut the cooking time back to a total of 15 minutes. I added the crab & pea pods for the last 5 minutes. Thanks Maw's Kitchen for a lovely healthy dinner
We will definitely do this one again. An excellent blend of veggies and mock crab! Red cabbage was very good for for this recipe. The crab taste came through just to the right extent. We followed Bergy's suggestion to reduce cooking time for veggies, but not to the extent she did; as a result we found the veggies to have the crispness level we like. We waited to add the tomatoes and snow peas at the same time we added the mock crab. Other than for those changes, we followed the recipe to the letter. Serves four? More like six! Especially if you put it over rice.