Imfulafula (Pineapple Beer)
- Ready In:
- 36hrs 15mins
- Peel the pineapple; then wash the skin well and roughly chop it.
- In the large bowl or bucket, mix together the pineapple skin, lukewarm water, sugar and raisins.
- Sprinkle in the yeast, without stirring, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir well, then cover with a clean cloth and leave in a cool place for 1 day.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth and pour into a clean plastic container.
- Let stand uncovered for 12 hours.
- Cap the beer and use within 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was so excited to see this recipe on the 'Zaar, as I had checked this cookbook out of the library and wanted to try this. I liked the end result, wasn't overly excited by it, because I wasn't really sure what to expect. I used dried cranberries because I didn't have any raisins on hand, which made the beer a lovely pink color, but didn't add any sweetness. It was really fun to listen to the noises the beer was making as the yeast went to work. A fun recipe I will definitely make again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.