“IHop Restaurant Style” Buttermilk Pancakes
photo by AZ Food Critic
- Ready In:
- In a large size mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda, mix well until completely combined.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. Using a whisk, mix wet ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly add the wet buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture while whisking, making sure no lumps form, whisk batter until completely smooth.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, pour pancake batter onto hot griddle in desired amounts and shapes. Let pancakes cook until small bubbles show on top and edges look a little browned before flipping.
- Continue to cook flip side until both sides are a golden brown. Serve hot with butter and syrup, or your choice of jam or fruit.
- Makes: 8 to 10 (6”) pancakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!