IGUANA's MUSHROOM SAUCE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced (such as Portobello, kin oyster, shitake, enoki, white button)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter then add mushrooms; sprinkle black pepper and sea salt. Sauté mushrooms until soft. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until it reduces by half. Add broth, sherry and cream; stir well. Bring to a simmer. Mix cornstarch with water. Stir in cornstarch mixture until the sauce starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except parsley. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Just before serving, stir in parsley. Spoon sauce over grilled chicken breasts or pork and serve with mashed and veggies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.