- Ready In:
- 4 (5 ounce) idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into eights to form wedges. Toss the potatoes with the oil on a heavy baking sheet or jelly-roll pan, and arrange them flat in a single layer.
- Bake the potatoes without turning, until the bottoms are golden and crisp, about 20 minutes; turn potatoes to the other side. Bake 10 minutes more until crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I live in Idaho so I figured I BETTER get this recipe right ha ha! And I think I did! They are simply awesome! I loved not having to peel the potatoes. I only used one potato, cut it into 8 equal parts (almost equal!) & followed the recipe pretty closely. Really crispy outside like I love. Hubby even compared them to the fries at "Big Juds"--an Idaho CLASSIC restaurant! It's a keeper & thank you for sharing!!!!