Icebox Cake (Magnolia Adaptation)
This recipe was on Oprah's website and is an adaptation of Magnolia Bakery's icebox cake. It has to chill overnight, but it's deceptively simple to make. This works best with Nabisco famous wafers.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9 ounce) packages chocolate wafer cookies
- unsweetened cocoa (or chocolate shavings)
- In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 11 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream (there will be a few cookies left over). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, dust top lightly with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
MMMMM this was good. I knew it would be though because I grew up with a simular recipe...use gingersnaps instead of chocolate wafers, skip the unsweetened cocoa. It was a special treat when there was a lot of cream in the cooler on my parents farm. Nice memmories. Only thing is, when you milk the cows you don't have to worry about the calories, now I have to go to the gym:) Thanks I had forgotten how easy this was.Reply