Ice Water Potatoes
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 russet potatoes or 2 other baking potatoes
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, minced
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- ice cube
- Prepare the potatoes by cutting each into wedges lengthwise about 8 wedges for each potatoes.
- Place in a bowl with ice cubes and add water to cover.
- Place in fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Drain and pat with paper towels to dry.
- Melt butter with minced garlic salt and pepper.
- I usually use a cast iron skillet, but any oven-proof pan will do.
- Pour butter over potatoes in skillet, the butter mixture will stick because the potatoes are so cold!
- Bake in a 425 degree oven about 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Houston, PA. I grew up here and moved back here after my husband died. I am still trying to get on my feet, but I am doing it, verrrry slowly. I love to cook, and that's how I met my husband. My favorite cookbook is "How to Cook Everything" But I use "Better Homes and Gardens" quite often. Sorry, I am going by the hints list to fill this out! LOL! I have one very bad but very pretty little kitty named Echo, but who my husband had nicknamed "Satan"! LOL! I guess my pet peeve is people who mumble (I'm a customer service rep on the phone all day) If I had a month off work I'd read and eat potato chips, and probably wouldn't get out of the bed!