Ice Cream Drumsticks (Copycat)
Do you love those Peanut Sundae Cones that we all used to run to the ice cream truck to get? Try These! Cooking time is freezing time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 12 (5 ounce) paper cups
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup just use peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 12 sugar ice cream cones
- In each paper cup put 1 teaspoon nuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate and shortening on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth and completely melted at 10 second intervals if needed.
- Stir remaining nuts into chocolate mixture.
- Place 2 teaspoons chocolate in each cup, with spatula smooth it about half way up the sides of each cup if necessary.
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream in a cone, pressing the ice cream down slightly.
- Invert the cone into a cup.
- Repeat with all the cones and ice cream.
- Freeze all in the cups, cone side up, for 3-4 hours.
- To serve peel off the paper cup from each cone.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My boys were ecstatic over these! I must admit my ego is quite inflated over them saying 'Your the best MOM EVER!' I didn't realize how hard it would be finding the basic sugar cone. 2 stores I went to only had waffle cones, which I knew are too large and wimpy to fit in the 5 oz. cups. I was very pleased that the 3rd store in my list had the correct ones.Reply
This is truly a recipe that I wish I could give 10 stars!! It was a fun thing to make with my kids, plus they taste just like the real thing (only better, of course!). I was a little afraid that the paper cup wouldn't peel off very well, but no problem there! It just peels right off. I spooned the ice cream into the cones using a small spoon so that I could put ice cream all the way into the bottom of the cone. For the nuts I used honey roasted peanuts. Thanks for posting this awesome recipe that I'm sure to use over and over!3Reply
see 6 more