Husband's Blueberry/Cherry Dessert
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 21 ounces blueberry pie filling or 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Mix the 1st 3 ingredients together and bake for 8 minutes in a 9x13 baking pan at 325 degrees.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar.
- Fold in the cool-whip.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Top w/cherry or blueberry pie filling.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH loved this dessert too! I used graham crackers crumbs from the box and the cherry pie filling, DH's favorite. A very easy dessert to make and it tastes wonderful! I agree with one of the reviewers that mentioned it is very similar to cheesecake. Next time will use the blueberry filling which is my favorite. A nice dessert for summer get togethers! Made and reviewed for the Please Review My Recipe tag game.
Fortunately there were 4 others around to help me eat this dessert, or I might have devoured most of it myself ~ I made as written (with the cherry filling) & it is EXTREMELY TASTY! I'm sure almost any pie filling would work, but I'm very partial to the cherry & this recipe is a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewedin Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
see 1 more reviews