Hungry Girl Choco Monkey Oatmeal
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I have made this more than once now so I am putting it in here for easy access. This is a recipe for those who are watching there weight.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix (1 packet, 25 calories)
- 1⁄2 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
- Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir.
- Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!).
- When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal).
- Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a great way to switch up your morning oatmeal. I love cinnamon and chocolate together (it is quite subtle here though). I skipped adding any sugar or salt to this since those are already contained in the cocoa mix (I used Ghiradelli). I tried this with and without the other half of the banana sliced on top, both ways were really good. I only cooked this 1.5 minutes, as it was very thick at that point. I love hungry girl's website, so I appreciate seeing one of her recipes on zaar!Reply
OMG is this good!!!! I used sugar-free Nesquick since that's what I had on hand and 1/2 tsp. of sugar instead of Splenda. Oatmeal is one of my favorite foods and this is such a yummy way to make it - it really felt more like a dessert. Out of personal preference I will omit the cinnamon next time because I don't know if I loved the slight cinnamon taste w/the chocolate. Thanks for posting this quick and healthy recipe!Reply
see 2 more