Hungarian Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash
- Ready In:
- Cut pork into 2-inch cubes.
- In large Dutch oven, combine pork, onion, garlic, dill, caraway, salt, bouillon cube and boiling water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Add paprika; stir to dissolve. Add sauerkraut; mix well.
- Simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 1 hour or longer.
- Stir in sour cream; heat thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had this for dinner tonight. I have 2 main problems with the recipe. The first is the amount of salt. Even rinsed in water and drained, my sauerkraut was more than salty enough for the entire dish. I'm glad I didn't add any extra. Then there is the amount of sour cream. I added it as per the recipe, but feel that it's just too much. It makes for an extremely rich dish. BTW, I used raw, not barbecued pork, cubed and braised. The meat did come out very nice-tasting and tender. Thank you for an interesting experience.