I got this recipe years ago...from a Martha Stewart show. It's suppose to be the real thing...and we like it!! I use the leftovers...to start a pot of chili!!!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 6 lbs beef (cubed)
- 6 lbs onions (sliced)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup Hungarian paprika (hot or mild, we prefer the hot!!)
- cooked wide egg noodles
- You can adjust amounts -- as long as beef and onions are equal.
- Fry Onions until carmelized. Fry seasoned beef until browned.
- Using a large kettle, add all ingredients and cover with water.
- Simmer until beef is tender. (I usually simmer 3+ hours).
- You can use cheaper cuts of beef, since you cook the heck out of it! (as long as it's lean or trimmed really well).
- Serve on top of egg noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation