- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x9x2 cake pan and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and yolks.
- Fold in flour and walnuts.
- Divide the batter in half. Do not over handle the dough. One half will serve as the top layer and the other as the bottom.
- Take a piece of batter and gently flatten it using your fingers. You will see that the batter tends to make its own sections. Work with those. Place this section on the bottom of the cake pan and continue until you have covered the bottom of the cake pan in a patchwork manner. Do not worry about the dough not looking smooth in the pan, you will fix that in a minute.
- If you have leftover dough from the half, fill in holes and build up areas that may be thinner than others.
- Take the back of a spoon and gently smooth the edges of the dough together so no holes are apparent.
- Spread a thin layer of jam over the dough. Do not make the layer thick, you are not making PB and J here.
- Use the final half of batter to make the top layer using the same technique as above.
- Place in the oven at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes. At around 25 minutes start peaking in the oven, the dough should be a nice golden brown color when it is finished.
- Let cookies cool completely before cutting into small squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!