Hummus (Chick Peas)
photo by jewels catering
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame paste (tahini paste)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as much as you want to make the consistency you want)
- Place all ingredients except water in food processor, process till it becomes a paste.
- Also at this point, you can add, other ingredients to make it into flavored hummus, like, Jalapeno, or red peppers, olives, etc. (make it your own).
- Slowly add water to make it the consistency you want. Now enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I have always been into cooking, baking etc.. I also had my own catering business for 5 years, but I felt so bad that I didnt charge enough money to my customer that I wasnt making any money myself. lol, so now I cook for friends and they enjoy the fact that they have a friend that will cook for them. Now recently because of all the demand I have started my business again, and will be including some of my favorite recipes.