Hummus and Grilled Veggie Wrap
I love light and refreshing Wraps. I found this recipe and tweaked it a little to my taste.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup hummus (store bought)
- 4 pieces wraps (about 9 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Grill until tender and slightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the hummus over each piece of bread. Top with 3 slices of zucchini, 2 pieces of red pepper, 1/2 cup of the spinach, a few sliced onions, and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Roll each of them up and cut in half on a diagonal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent wrap! Super quick and easy, but that's not all! They are light, refreshing and so flavorful, as well. I used my George Foreman for the grilling, flour tortillas, smoked jalapeno and garlic hummus and followed the directions as written. I let my 5 yr old and her BFF make their own sammies, In the end, the hummus was too spicy for them, but they had a lot of fun spreading it and layering the other ingredients. The adults really enjoyed this recipe all around. The mint was a nice surprise. It really added a lot more to the recipe than I originally thought it would. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing, chefiecamacho! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.