Hummingbird Hole-Punch Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana cream-flavored pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a big bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke 1/2-inch deep holes in cake at 1-inch intervals.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple; pour mixture evenly over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- Spread whipped topping over cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!